Thursday, March 20, 2008

From Nancy


Camping in Canada with my children and Bob and his family in 1973 was a wonderful memory. This was our first taste of camping and I've been hooked ever since. Oh the stories he would tell while sitting by the campfire in the evening.

My children and I spent many vacations at Bob's home in New York State on the Hudson River. Bob pulled us behind his boat to water ski. He was so patient with me in my many attempts to get out of the water and up on the skis.

In 1977 Bob came to California to drive my children and I to his house in Idaho for a visit. He was taking flying lessons at the time. I drove him to the airport and watched him take off and land. It was such a thrill for him to fly that plane.


Bob always had just the right words to say to pick me up when I was down, to make me laugh when I wanted to cry and to give advise when I asked for it. His love for the sea, the mountains, a glass of rum and reading were just some of his many pleasures. Bob was a wise, gentle and caring man and a wonderful brother. I will miss the sound of his voice during our weekly talks on the phone.

Brother, you will always be in my thoughts. I love you Bob. Nancy